Sunday, October 16, 2016

Andy Murray wins the Rolex Masters Tournament at Shanghai

ATP 1000 - ROLEX MASTERS TOURNAMENT at SHANGHAI

Andy Murray today expectedly won the Masters Tournament in Shanghai after a 2-0 (7-6, 6-1) in sets beat Spanish Roberto Bautista Agut.
With this victory, Briton Andy Murray continues his pursuit of Novak Djokovic for World No. 1 after claiming his third Shanghai Rolex Masters title.

This triumph brought double delight for the Scot, since it would reduce the advantage of Djokovic in the battle for the top position on the ATP list. From tomorrow will be 915 points which gives him a real opportunity for Andy to end of 2016 to reach a leadership position. 

The Scot Andy Murray is confident he can overtake the Serbian Novak Djokovic and he knows that while it won't be easy, but this is his best opportunity. 

" I'm not suggesting I have no chance of getting to No. 1. I'm still aware of how difficult it is going to be to get there. But I believe I can get there. I definitely believe I can get there. These last few months have proved that to me. I will give it my best shot to do it, because I may never get another chance. I may never get another chance to be No. 1, so I will give it my best shot to do that while I have the opportunity " Murray said after today's final tournament in Shanghai beat Roberto Bautista Agut with 7-6, 6-1. 

Novak Djokovic failed to defend the title in Shanghai lost enough points in the ranking of world ranking, but the Chinese are still crazy about him.

The Serbian tennis player finish this season will defend 2300 points due to the titles won last year at the Paris Masters and the final tournament in London. Unlike him, Murray will probably make good 1075 points that mostly thanks defend the title won by Great Britain in the Davis Cup. Because trophy received 275 points which in turn can now appear in the final battle. 

Djokovic Outbursts in Shanghai 2016.